Completed source inspection of all structural steel fabrication (50k tons) requiring extensive travel throughout the eastern US.
The Spring Hill Manufacturing site operations consist of a flexible vehicle assembly plant and a Global Propulsion Systems plant. On the vehicle side, the plant produces the Cadillac XT5 and the GMC Acadia including a stamping plant, body shop, paint shop and two polymer injection molding operations. The engine plant builds 4-cylinder and 8-cylinder engines. Engines and stampings are supplied to various GM assembly plants globally.
Spring Hill Manufacturing opened in 1990 and produced Saturn vehicles until March 2007. It produced the Chevrolet Traverse from September 2008 until November 2009, and the Chevrolet Equinox from September 2012 until October 2015.
- 12/05/16: Spring Hill launches the small gas engine powering small car and compact-crossover vehicles
- 09/26/16: Spring Hill launches the small block 6.2L V8 engine
- 08/17/16: Spring Hill produces 5 millionth L850 Ecotech Engine
- 10/09/15: Last Chevrolet Equinox rolls off the line
- 02/24/15: Spring Hill produces the plant’s 100,000th Chevrolet Equinox
- 04/23/14: Spring Hill produces 4 millionth Ecotec Engine
- 09/04/12: Spring Hill begins production of the Chevrolet Equinox
- 08/08/12: Spring Hill launches 2.5L Ecotec engine
- 11/09: Last Chevrolet Traverse rolls off the line
- 09/02/08: Spring Hill begins production of the Chevrolet Traverse
- 03/07: Last Saturn VUE and ION rolls off the line
- 2006: Spring Hill launches Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged direct injection engine
- 10/03/03: Spring Hill produces 3,000,000th vehicle
- 2002: Spring Hill begins production of the Ecotec engine for the Saturn VUE and ION
- 08/29/02: Last Saturn S-series rolls off the line
- 2000: Spring Hill breaks ground on new Powertrain plant, which produced the Ecotec 4-cylinder engine
- 07/30/90: First Saturn — a red SL Sedan – rolls off the line
- 1989: First Saturn 1.9L engine produced in the Powertrain facility
- 1988: Topping out ceremonies for Powertrain plant